SCG has been on a sustainability journey since 2004, when we achieved our first accreditation as Soar Print.
Unless you ask for specific inks and papers, we’ll always propose the lowest impact solution for every job.
• All carbon emissions from power and fuel consumed by SCG are offset with Toitū Envirocare. Toitū sources a portfolio of credits from a range of compliance and voluntary standards including Gold Standard (and Fair-Trade Gold Standard), Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), and New Zealand’s Permanent Forest Sink Initiative (PFSI).
• The opportunity to have Toitū net carboNZero printed products and printed services, which includes the right to uses the Toitū net carboNZero logo
• A wide choice of responsibly sourced papers, either FSC or PEFC
• Printing with vegetable-based inks
• Recommendation of best finished size to minimise paper waste
• Optimum run sizes to reduce paper waste and minimise obsolescence
• Energy efficient printing and finishing technology
• Paper waste recycling (99%)
• Online print management that allows just in time print ordering
We have credentials to back our claims
Through a commitment to continuous improvement, we have gained the strongest sustainability credentials of any New Zealand printing company. Learn more about our Sustainability Credentials.
Member of Climate Leaders Coalition
As a member of the Climate Leaders Coalition, SCG is helping with New Zealand’s transition to a low emissions economy.
Read the CLC 2022 statement of ambition.
Member of Sustainable Business Network
The Sustainable Business Network is a national movement that enables system change in the areas of climate, waste and nature.
It's role is to transform leading ideas on sustainable business into action in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Foundation Supporter of Ad Net Zero
Ad Net Zero is a framework designed to guide our industry to deliver on its full potential to support businesses and people deal with the transition to a sustainable future. SCG is proud to be a foundation supporter of Ad Net Zero helping the industry and our clients reduce the carbon impact of developing, producing, and running advertising.
Acknowledgement from government & industry
We don't follow a sustainable path for the glory, however it's great to be recognised for our achievements. Here are the sustainability awards we have collected so far:
Pride in Print Awards 2022
- Sustainable Business Award Winner
Sustainable Business Awards 2020
- Climate Action Leader Award Winner
Enviro-Mark Solutions Excellence Awards 2019
- Winner - Excellence in Climate Action - Small Organisation
Green Ribbon 2015
- Reducing greenhouse gas omissions
Sustainable 60 Awards 2013
- Supreme Award - Environment
- Strategy & Governance - Overall Medium Business
NZI National Sustainable Business Network Awards 2013
- Commendation Mega Efficiency Impact
Sustainable 60 Awards 2011
Heidelberg Eco Awards 2011